Immediate Opening-2-3 yrs. Skilled General Construction Remodeler (Grand Junction)
compensation: DOE (Dependent on Experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Covenant Buildings, LLC, a division of Covenant Homes, Inc., is a General Contractor in Grand Junction, Colorado and we are looking for a 2-3 years minimum skilled remodeler. We are known for providing exceptional services and quality construction and maintenance work. We serve both commercial and residential customers in many different aspects of building construction, improvements and remodels in varying job sizes and degrees of "curb to roof" maintenance. We have an immediate opening for a skilled construction remodeler and we offer the specialized tools and materials, along with chances for advancement if you are the right candidate who possesses a broad spectrum of carpentry skills, reliability and "can-do" attitude to get the job done in a quality manner, within budget and as efficiently as possible.
You must email your Resume and Job References are required. Wages are Dependent on Experience (DOE). No phone calls please.
• Performs the necessary skills to maintain commercial buildings and residential homes in good repair with experience performing quality painting, repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, wood furniture and carpentry-related work, such as: drywall repair, roof repairs, siding, suspended ceilings, light demolition and remodel experience.
• Well versed in many aspects of rough-ins, trim work and finished carpentry.
• Plans and lays out work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions using a variety of carpenter's hand tools, portable power tools, and standard measuring instruments, makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, and selects materials necessary for the work to be performed.
• Ensure that routine maintenance work is conducted in a manner that safeguards the environment, maintains regulatory compliance, and promotes safe work habits which maintains clean and safe working environments.
• Clean cut, trustworthy and a professional individual.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, subcontractors and demanding customers.
• Ensure that maintenance work orders are completed to customer satisfactions.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and quick, common-sense thinking on the job.
• Must have your own standard hand and power tools. We will provide specialized tools.
• Expert English communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Drug-free work place and environment.
• Helpful in operating and servicing equipment, i.e. tractors, backhoes, and forklifts, etc.
• Quality painting and repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, wood furniture and carpentry-related work, such as: drywall repair, roof repairs, siding, and remodel experience.
• General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and ventilation systems.
Must be computer literate for emailing, etc. Excel and Word knowledge also helpful.
The minimum requirements of this position are:
• Minimum age is 18. Candidate must have a valid driver's license.
• Minimum of 2-3 years maintenance experience, preferably within the construction industry
• Reasonably clean driving record (no DUI or suspended license).
• Must have minimum tools listed: hand tools, chop saw, table saw, skill saw, reciprocating saw, levels, air compressor, nail guns for framing and trim, cordless kit, and drywall tools.
• Reliable transportation to work/job-sites and for work-related transportation of materials and equipment.
• 90 day probationary period with wage increase possible thereafter.
• Work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Follow verbal and written English instructions.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Able to lift 50+ lbs.
• Occasional overnight travel within Western Slope of Colorado.
• Solve mechanical problems with excellent mechanical aptitude and abilities in order to analyze, and evaluate issues.
You must attach your Resume and Job References are required. Wages are Dependent on Experience (DOE). No phone calls please.
**We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers