compensation: $17-$35 Per hour based on experience employment type: full-time relocation assistance available
QR Code Link to This Post
The Sheet Metal Journeyman installs and/or removes heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems for commercial and industrial clients. The Sheet Metal Journeyman, in conjunction with other departments, completes new construction and/or site renovation projects. The Sheet Metal Journeyman supports the total quality effort by identifying and responding to the needs of internal and external customers 100% of the time.
Key Accountabilities in order of priority and ideal time allocations are:
• Installs HVAC equipment, to include duct work and associated equipment. (75%)
• Mentors assigned apprentices (15%)
(Ten percent of time is reserved for ancillary responsibilities, interruptions and unplanned activities.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed successfully to achieve the key performance objectives of the role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
• Direct and/or monitor activities of team members to ensure accurate, timely project completion
• Coordinate with key personnel to confirm appropriate timelines
• Instruct apprentice-level personnel on proper procedures for installation of HVAC systems, including duct work and other associated equipment.
• Order and/or receive materials, supplies, and components for assigned job
• Organize area of responsibility on job site to permit efficient operations
• Conduct installation/removal activities in accordance with organizational guidelines and procedures
• Develop appropriate on-site methodology to ensure safety of all personnel
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local, state, and/or federal codes and regulations regarding installation of HVAC equipment and materials
• Make every reasonable effort to ensure safe practices and get every employee home safely
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully achieving the performance objectives of this job and carrying out the assigned responsibilities.
• Client Focus: A commitment to client satisfaction
• Teamwork: Working effectively and productively with others.
• Employee Development/ Coaching: Facilitating and supporting the professional growth of others.
• Goal Achievement: The ability to identify and prioritize activities that lead to a goal
• Self-Management: Demonstrating self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities
• Planning and Organizing: Utilizing logical, systemic, and orderly procedures to meet objectives
• Leadership: Achieving extraordinary business results through people
The physical demands listed are representative of the demands required to for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. The listing is not a listing of “all” the physical demands. The employer reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The incumbent:
Will work in a physically demanding environment. Be required to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, and similar equipment. Work in high noise environments and must be able to communicate with co-workers and discern instructions in that environment. Be able to position self in various configurations, including but not limited to: stooping, bending, reaching, and crawling. Be able to operate computer equipment such as laptops or tablets.
The incumbent must be able to detect environmental hazards and remedy and/or avoid and communicate those hazards. Possess the ability to continually operate appropriate tools and equipment, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools. This position requires the ability to transport tools and equipment, up to 50lbs, to the appropriate location with or without assistance. Be able to understand and analyze technical information such as manuals, blueprints, etc.
Incumbent must be able to use all appropriate safety equipment and capable of providing rapid response to emergency situations.
The incumbent must possess normal color vision as well as near/far vision correctable to 20/20. Visual acuity sufficient to perform activities such as: operating machinery (i.e. lathes, drill presses, power saws, etc.) where seeing the job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service, plumbers, etc.
The work environment described herein are representative of the environment an employee may be exposed to during the completion of essential job functions. The employer reserves the right to limit or expand environments as necessitated by operational requirements. The incumbent:
Will be exposed to varying environments, including but not limited to: Extremes of heat and cold, ice, snow, rain, and darkness. May be exposed to loud noises, cramped spaces, and heights. May encounter physical hazards including: Live electricity, loud noises, unexpected power outages, slippery surfaces, etc. The incumbent should anticipate exposure to multiple environments on a consistent basis. May encounter construction-type environments with frequent exposure to airborne particulates, open holes, and heavy equipment operation among other environmental hazards. Must be able to recognize and abate existing and potential hazards and/or risks. Must be able to communicate with appropriate personnel regarding hazards and/or risks.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
Qualifications and General Requirements:
• Knowledge of all aspects of HVAC duct work installation and removal
• Skills necessary to use tools/equipment required for Sheet Metal installation
• Willingness to share knowledge with skilled and unskilled personnel
• Unencumbered US Driver’s license
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience, as Sheet Metal technician in a construction environment
• High school diploma or GED or 15 semester (22 Quarter) hours college-level education
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers