compensation: Starting at $14/hr
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Assistant Paintmaker
Full Time: 40 hrs/wk (Mon. - Thurs.)
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Pay: Starting at $14/hr.Benefits: Full Health Insurance (First year cost split 50/50, after 1 year premiums covered.), 4 paid sick days, 4 paid vacation days, 4 paid holidays, three day weekends
Beginning: Mid-April, 2021
Who We Are:
We are Greenleaf & Blueberry, a small production studio/workshop in Colorado's Grand Valley. We create professional quality handcrafted art supplies for the traveling artist. We are seeking a passionate, motivated, meticulous worker to become part of our growing studio and evolve with it.
We have an open position for an Assistant Paintmaker! An Assistant Paintmaker works directly with our Master Colourman to assist in the age-old and nuanced craft of paintmaking. We make paints the way the European Old Masters did, by hand with muller and slab. Duties involve handling dry pigments, processing paint, and many small and detailed repetitive tasks, including labeling, weighing, measuring, recording data etc. The work is focused, detailed, repetitive, and often meditative. We work 10 hour days, Monday - Thursday so we can enjoy 3-day weekends!
Does This Sound Like You?:We are seeking a hard worker with perfectionistic tendencies who enjoys working with their hands, has excellent dexterity, a zeal for quality, and someone who genuinely enjoys repetitive tasks. If this sounds at all like you, read on!
This position requires a detail-oriented approach to all tasks. Our quality control standards must be applied in executing each operation. You will need to focus on achieving a high degree of quality while also working at rapid pace and consistently balancing the two. Tasks are completed mostly independently, but according to an evolving collaborative schedule.
- BFA, college degree, or equivalent skilled/craftsperson experience (we’re not talking about your childhood arts and crafts here!)
- Must possess a strong attention to detail, a passion for uncompromising quality, and keen observational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, think independently, solve problems appropriately.
- Proficiency with basic algebra and unit conversions.
- Adaptability to changing priorities, timelines, and environment.
- Ability to work wearing a respirator or dust mask for long periods.
- Ability to both sit and stand for long periods.
- Strong core and arms for production of large paint batches and ability to lift around 30 lbs. for handling materials and equipment.
- Exceptional manual dexterity for repetitive precision tasks.- Ability to climb and descend flights of stairs throughout the day.- Ability to maintain focus, energy, and motivation over long hours of repetitive work.
- Our studio closely resembles a laboratory in areas that include sensitive climate settings, minerals, chemicals, dust, measuring and processing instruments, etc.
- Workspace includes computers, printers, and other standard office equipment.
- We operate from the second story of an old building accessible only by stairs.
We begin with a 6-week trial / probationary training period to ensure the position is a good fit for everyone involved, and that our requirements are a strong, positive match for your abilities and expectations.
We require a mask to be worn at all times and complete compliance with our protocols, based on recommendations by the CDC and Mesa County Health Department, which include frequent hand-washing, wiping down of common surfaces, maintaining safe distances between people, proper ventilation, and wearing a mask.
Please send the following three documents: