compensation: Pay: $18.00-$24.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This is an entry to journeyman level position with the opportunity for advancement. The employee will receive daily instruction and be expected to work independently or with assistant as the situation arrives. The employee with be expected to adhere to all safety protocols and operation procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Inspect company vehicles, dump trucks and related equipment to locate and determine the extent of necessary overhaul or repair
2. Perform general overhaul and repair work on gasoline, diesel and propane powered engines. Such as pickups dump truck heavy equipment and other mechanical equipment at off site location and at the shop.
3. Inspect, adjust and replace necessary units and related parts including valves hoses belts and alternators.
4. Repair cooling fuel and electrical and exhaust systems. Tune engines using standard testing equipment.
5. Diagnose repair and maintain hydraulic systems.
6. Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles, including lubrication and oil changes. Fabricate and weld to repair equipment as necessary.
7. Operate vehicles and equipment to aid in diagnostics, pick up and deliver vehicles and parts.
8. Clean and maintain the shop area and equipment.
9. Inventory, order and control tools, supplies and materials for shop. Research, compare and locate parts, equipment and vehicles.
10. Maintain records on all maintenance and repair work performed.
11. Perform related duties as required.
Methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair.
Various mechanical systems of a gasoline and diesel engines.
Various electrical systems of a gasoline and diesel engines.
Standard practices, equipment and tools of the automotive and equipment mechanical trade.
Principles and practices of gasoline and diesel engine repair and maintenance.
Methods of techniques of welding and fabrication.
Operating and repair characteristics of hydraulic systems.
Basic principles of record keeping.
Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
Perform a variety of duties in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing vehicles, equipment and components.
Inspect all vehicles and equipment to locate mechanical defects, to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems and to determine corrective procedures.
Perform a variety of welding work.
Estimate time and materials needed for work.
Maintain a variety of shop and repair records and logs.
Use various hand and power driven shop tools
Prepare and maintain clear and accurate reports.
Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year of general fleet maintenance and repair-or more preferred.
Possession of valid Colorado Driver’s License (CDL a huge plus)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed primarily in a shop environment; occasional field environment with some travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evening and weekends.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stop, bend, keel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers