Office Manager / Bookkeeper for equipment company located in Montrose, Colorado, near the heart of Colorado’s mountain recreation. Responsibilities include:
1) Handling routine telephone calls and business correspondence;
2) Daily administration of Bookkeeping system, including:
• Accounts Payable/ Receivable;
• Job Costing - posting of invoices and labor charges to cost codes;
• Pre-processing payroll for payroll service and allocating hours to Worker's Comp job class codes;
• Maintaining General Ledger and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual working financial statements, and assist with compilation of annual financials for reviewing CPA
• Maintain Sales, Special Mobile Machinery rental, and miscellaneous tax reporting.
3) Maintaining Vendor /Subcontractor records (W-9 and Insurance Certificates, subcontracts, etc.)
4) Assist with solicitation of quotations and purchasing and expediting of goods and subcontracted services and equipment, handling of export and import documents, etc.
5) Tracking of permits, licenses, registrations, and compliance deadlines, completion of compliance forms and reports..
6) Miscellaneous data and records compilation, analysis and filing and organizing, including worker’s comp, personnel files, health insurance program enrollments, corporate entity filings, preparing insurance renewal and audit packages, travel arrangements, etc.;
7) Other administrative duties, light janitorial work and handling of small boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
8) Valid Colorado Class C driver’s license with good driving record.
9) Ability to punctually work scheduled hours with regular attendance. Accept supervision and direction from management and comply with company policies. Be able to get along with others in workplace. Looks out for company’s best interest when making decisions. Approaches work with sense of urgency and positive energy
This is a key position within the firm, and we are looking for a bright person with a strong work ethic and significant recent previous related experience who is capable of functioning well in a multitasking setting with minimal guidance. Office is a casual "boots and jeans" environment.
4-year degree in Accounting, Business or closely related degree is preferred. Significant documented college-level coursework in accounting is required.
Proficiency in all aspects of Word and Excel are required. Familiarity with modern computerized accounting systems required.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, company subsidized health, dental and vision insurance.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers