compensation: Starting at $17.10 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Reports to: Stewards West Corps Director
Starting Salary: Starting at Grade B - $17.10 hourly
Location: Durango, CO – will start remotely during pandemic
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Benefit Eligible: Full per personnel policies
Stewards Individual Placements (Stewards), a program of Conservation Legacy, places individuals in positions across the nation in projects that build capacity, improve access to natural resources, develop and support innovative solutions, develop opportunities for service and economic development, and empower leaders. Stewards focuses on federal partners such as the National Park Service, US Forest Service, and Bureau of Indian Affairs along with multiple state and local governments and nonprofits.
The Administrative Assistant will work directly with all Stewards Individual Placement Western Program Coordinators ensuring that members of each initiative are successfully onboarded and all associated member files are appropriately tracked and stored. This position will also oversee payroll and member professional development tracking.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
• Enter and exit participants in payroll system.
• Generate payroll summaries, process and approve payroll documentation in an accurate manner, and obtain proper approvals within payroll deadlines.
• Answer payroll related inquiries from staff and members.
• Ensure appropriate member tax forms are on file.
• Maintain member files.
• Assist in other member activities, not limited to timesheets, quantitative and qualitative programmatic reports, etc.
• Assist Directors and Coordinators with other administrative responsibilities; including, but not limited to, participant outreach, internal staff communication and training.
• Manage member onboarding tasks to ensure that they are completed within deadlines and compliant with federal, state and AmeriCorps requirements.
• Answer onboarding questions and troubleshoot with members regarding onboarding issues.
• Assist with background checks, fingerprinting and update systems once results are received.
• Track onboarding tasks and paperwork in Salesforce and other compliance systems.
• Provide high level customer service to incoming members and internal staff.
• Utilize various internal software systems including Salesforce, Silk Road Onboarding, Civicore, and Office 365 systems.
• Assist in tracking and reconciling professional development for members.
• Ensure that the program is following the Corporation for National and Community Service and Conservation Legacy Compliance requirements/expectations.
• Successfully engages, leads, and supports an inclusive work environment for those of underrepresented populations within the organization and the communities we serve.
• Leads and/or participates in organizational-wide teams, projects and initiatives that support the work of the Strategic Plans goals.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Periodic overnight travel and non-traditional work hours, inclusive of weekend and evening hours. To successfully perform essential functions this position is required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. This position may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on an infrequent basis. They must be able to operate office equipment, telephone, and computer. The ability to drive an organizational vehicle is also required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office administration experience
• Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC communities.
• Ability to work well with others and to seek assistance when needed to carry out assignments.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and applications, or similar platforms.
• Must be able to pass the organization’s criminal history background check requirements.
• Valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
• Previous experience with a Corps or service-oriented organization.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
• The ability to carry out assigned work independently or with minimal supervision.
• The ability to communicate effectively, manage complexity, cultivate innovation, drive and influence results of oneself and others.
• Ability to keep others, in remote locations, accountable to expectations.
See instructions at bottom of position description here-
Cover Letter must include a response to the following: Provide some examples of your experience working effectively with diverse communities, including those specific to the BIPOC community & other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context. Please also provide details about your previous administrative experience.
Conservation Legacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers