Position Title: Independent Living DSP Personal Care Alternative
FLSA Status: Full Time 32-40 hours per week
Required Travel: 80% Travel in the local area
Salary: New Hiring Range $15.00 to $16.35 per hour DOQ
Covid 19 Notice: We are asking all applicants if they are vaccinated. If you are vaccinated proof of the vaccine will need to be given if you are offered a position with Ariel. If you are not vaccinated, you may be asked what your intentions are regarding getting the vaccine. Currently our governing bodies are making decisions about mandatory vaccine for direct care staff and the vaccine for Covid 19 could be a requirement for the job.
We are currently masking when with the people that we serve, with other employees and when in public areas.
Ariel Clinical Services mission is “To provide safe, nurturing and supportive environments for our clients so that they may have the opportunities to develop their strengths, maximize their potentials and fully participate in society.” Through our Foster Care, Adoption and Adult Services programs we work to maintain our vision of “Turning challenges into opportunities one life at a time.”
1. No Cost Health and Dental for Employee
2. Low-cost Vision and Life Insurance
3. Lifestyle Spending Account
4. FSA and HSA plans
6. Legal Shield
7. Retirement 403B
8. Generous PTO time package
9. Sick Time
10. Paid Holidays
12. Wellness Program
This position is responsible for providing a person center therapeutic relationship for behaviorally and emotionally impaired youth and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary responsibility will be to provide direct supervision to the clients and assist and teach the clients in building the skills necessary to fully participate in society.
1. Teach clients social, behavioral relational and daily living skills, according to their treatment/individual plans through a safe and supportive environment.
2. Review and be able to implement client specific protocols, services, and person center plans. Advocate for client needs (i.e. academics, recreational, community activities, behavioral and personal material needs).
3. Communicate regularly and effectively with supervisor, parents, guardians, case manager and all other individuals involved with the client.
4. Observe and record clients’ progress through Therap documentation and narrative reports.
5. Safely provide transportation per Ariel Transportation Policy.
6. Maintain professional boundaries while establishing a trustworthy and beneficial relationship.
7. Follow all safety procedures and agency policies.
8. Must work closely with other Ariel Clinical Service programs.
9. Attend supervision, training, community and service plan meetings as directed by supervisor.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality concerning the client, their family, background information and treatment.
2. Ability to demonstrate regular attendance and work outside of traditional office hours and settings including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to meet the needs of the agency and individuals served.
3. Ability to role model positive coping, communication, and boundary setting with clients.
4. Knowledge of how trauma and behavior are connected and appropriate responses to the behaviors.
5. Knowledge of community resources (social, public agency, and information) to assist in clients accessing these resources.
6. Possess the skills to organize and implement planned and structured activities for individuals served to enhance skills and promote personal growth.
7. Knowledge of the foster care and adults with intellectual developmental disabilities systems.
8. Ability to be flexible, and able to change direction rapidly.
9. Ability to be a reliable team player and supportive team member.
10. Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and complete a wide variety of tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
11. Demonstrate skills in critical thinking, conflict resolution, and creativity.
12. Knowledge of the type of work that Ariel Clinical Services provides and represent agency in a positive and professional manner.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum age 18.
• Two years’ experience in related field, i.e., working with youth and families, working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or mental health field.
Certifications and Licenses
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
• CPR, 1st Aid – client contact is limited before prior to certification.
• Safety Care within 60 days of hire; client contact is limited until this training is completed.
• Van Drivers Training – before driving an Ariel owned vehicle.
• QMAP – within 60 days of hire, may not provide medication to clients without this certification.
• Person Center Training and Informed Supervision, as deemed by supervisor.
All applicants are subject to the background investigations listed below.
1. Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)
2. Colorado Adult Protective Services (CAPS)
3. CBI Sex Offender Background Check
4. National Sex Offender Background Check
5. Fingerprinting through FBI
6. Reference check
7. Driver’s License Record
8. Office of Inspector General
9. I-9 documentation
10. Reliable Automobile with adequate, valid auto insurance
Must have access to a computer and have internet access.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers