Position Title: Direct Support Provider - Community Support Services Adults & Youth
FLSA Status: Full Time 32 hours per week
Required Travel: 80% Travel in the local area
Salary: $13.50 hr
Ariel Clinical Services mission is “To provide safe, nurturing and supportive environments for our clients so that they may have the opportunities to develop their strengths, maximize their potentials and fully participate in society.” Through our Foster Care, Adoption and Adult Services programs we work to maintain our vision of “Turning challenges into opportunities one life at a time.”
Benefits Part Time
1. Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
2. Disability Insurance through AFLAC
3. Retirement 403B
4. Generous PTO time package
5. Paid Holidays
7. Wellness Program
DSP’s are responsible for providing an enriching and supportive physical and emotional environment for at-risk youth and adults with developmental disabilities. Persons in this position will be responsible for meeting with clients according to directions from the supervisor. The DSP’s will act as a model & advocate for the client and will engage in therapeutic activities with the client to bring about changes in problem behaviors. DSP’s are responsible for creating a broad social network and teaching the client to make use of those supports. The primary responsibility however will be to assist the client in building the skills necessary to reach their maximum potential in society.
Skills and Abilities
1. The ability to read, speak and write in English.
2. The ability to communicate verbally and in written format in both individual and group settings.
3. Ability to be flexible, and able to change direction rapidly.
4. Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, complete a wide variety of tasks in a timely and accurate fashion and direct others, as needed.
5. Ability to create and maintain consistent schedule with client.
6. The ability to manage and deescalate clients.
7. Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to perform the functions of the position.
8. Exercise independent judgment within the scope and boundaries of the department, the Agency’s Standard Operating Procedures, and Federal, State and Local Rules and Regulations regarding department operations.
9. Ability to organize and present case material in a straight forward and concise written manner such that communication among treatment team members is clear concerning the client/family.
10. Ability to provide reliable, insured transportation for self and others through the community served.
11. Ability to make sound judgment and use common sense as related to clients’ abilities, skills and knowledge.
12. Ability to deescalate aggressive behaviors without means of restraint.
Knowledge of community resources (social, public agency and information) in order to assist families/clients in accessing these resources.
1. High School Graduation or equivalent, minimum age 21.
2. Six months of full time contact with the public in human services or a related field, or successful completion of a certificate program and/or college course equivalent.
3. Desire to work with a wide variety of clients with significant emotional, mental and physical needs in many different settings.
1. Prior experience working with an at-risk youth population and/or adults with developmental disabilities including coaching activities within the community.
Spanish speaking/bilingual highly desired.
Certifications and Licenses
1. Valid Regular Drivers License with acceptable driving record.
2. Ongoing training, as assigned by supervisor.
3. CPR, 1st Aid – within 60 days of hire.
QMAP, SIP and CPI – As required by client base served.
All applicants are subject to the background investigations listed below.
1. Central Registry for child abuse
2. Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)
3. CBI Sex Offender Background Check
4. National Sex Offender Background Check
5. Federal Background Investigation (FBI) in CO > 2yrs
6. Reference check
7. Office of Inspector General (OIG)
8. Driver’s License Record
Must have access to a computer and have internet access.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers