Position Title: Direct Support Provider Group Home for Children
FLSA Status: Part Time 16-29 hours per week
Required Travel: Daily Local
Salary: 13.50/ Hour
Candidates must be willing to work Evenings, Weekends and some Holiday’s as needed.
Ariel Clinical Services mission is “To provide safe, nurturing and supportive environments for our clients so that they may have the opportunities to develop their strengths, maximize their potentials and fully participate in society.” Through our Foster Care, Adoption and Adult Services programs we work to maintain our vision of “Turning challenges into opportunities one life at a time.”
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for providing a therapeutic, enriching and supportive physical and emotional environment for developmentally disabled and or behaviorally, emotionally impaired children in community, facility and residential based settings, as assigned. Staff will act as a role model and advocate for the client, they will use therapeutic methods and teach skills to bring about changes in problem behaviors. The primary responsibility will be to provide direct supervision to the clients in activities and assist the clients in building the skills necessary to live as independently as possible in their community.
Benefits Part Time
1. Trailheads Clinic
4. Legal Shield
5. CCU Tuition Discounts
7. Wellness Program
1. High School graduation or equivalent, minimum age 21.
2. Desire to work with a wide variety of foster children in many different settings.
Prior experience working with foster children in residential setting population including mentoring activities within the community.
Certifications and Licenses
1. Valid Colorado Drivers License with an acceptable driving record.
2. CPR, 1st Aid – before contact with clients.
3. CPI and SIP– within 30 days of hire; client contact is limited until this training is completed.
4. Van Drivers Training – before driving an Ariel owned vehicle.
1. QMAP – within 30 days of hire, may not provide medication to clients without this certification.
2. Specified Medical Needs Training, as required with current clients. May not perform any medical care unless properly trained.
All applicants are subject to the background investigations listed below.
1. Central Registry for child abuse
2. Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)
3. CBI Sex Offender Background Check
4. National Sex Offender Background Check
5. Federal Background Investigation (FBI)
6. Reference check
7. Driver’s License Record
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers