Salary: New Hiring Range $15.00 to $16.35 per hour DOQ
Covid 19 Notice: We are asking all applicants if they are vaccinated. If you are vaccinated proof of the vaccine will need to be given if you are offered a position with Ariel. If you are not vaccinated, you may be asked what your intentions are regarding getting the vaccine. Currently our governing bodies are making decisions about mandatory vaccine for direct care staff and the vaccine for Covid 19 could be a requirement for the job.
We are currently masking when with the people that we serve, with other employees and when in public areas.
Ariel Clinical Services mission is “To provide safe, nurturing and supportive environments for our clients so that they may have the opportunities to develop their strengths, maximize their potentials and fully participate in society.” Through our Foster Care, Adoption and Adult Services programs we work to maintain our vision of “Turning challenges into opportunities one life at a time.”
This position is responsible for providing person centered services and supports for intellectual and developmentally disabled adults. The primary responsibility will be to provide direct supervision to the clients in activities and assist the clients in building the skills necessary to live as independently as possible in their community.
1. Monday – Friday Hours varies 7:30 to 5:00
2. No Cost Health and Dental for Employee
3. Low-cost Vision and Life Insurance
4. Lifestyle Spending Account
5. FSA and HSA plans
7. Legal Shield
8. Retirement 403B
9. Generous PTO time package
10. Sick Time
11. Paid Holidays
13. Wellness Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach clients self-help, social, interpersonal, and daily living skills, according to their treatment plans.
• Safely provide transportation per Ariel’s Transportation Policy.
• Responsible for supports and assistance with personal care as needed.
• Review and become familiar with client specific protocols, services and supports, and individual support plans. Gather supplies, equipment, medications, and materials for engaging in person-centered services and supports in a meaningful way.
• Complete required documentation daily.
• Manage challenging behaviors through established training.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with other team members, leads, supervisors, manager, and other agency administration as needed.
• Actively participate in supervision, training, community, team and service plan meetings, as directed.
• Follow all safety procedures and agency policies.
• Maintain professional boundaries while establishing a trustworthy and beneficial relationship.
• Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned..
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School graduation or equivalent, minimum age 18.
• 2 years experience in a related field, i.e. working with the Intellectual and Developmentally Disabled population, or the mental health field.
• Bilingual in Spanish or ASL.
1. This position requires that the incumbent be capable of bending, sitting, stretching, and/or reaching regularly for periods up to 2 hours without a break.
2. This position requires that the incumbent have adequate hand and finger dexterity to properly perform the functions of the position.
3. This position requires lifting regularly up to 25 pounds, pulling or pushing persons in wheelchairs; transferring persons weighing more than 50 pounds to and from wheelchairs must be performed with another staff member.
4. At times, physical interventions may be required.
5. This position requires the ability to see, smell, and distinguish temperature, at a level which is adequate to ensure client and staff health and safety. Adaptive devices are acceptable.
6. This position will require daily driving of up to 1 hour per day and occasionally more as needed.
Certifications and Licenses
• Valid Colorado Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
• CPR, 1st Aid – client contact is limited before prior to certification.
• Safety Care within 60 days of hire; client contact is limited until this training is completed.
• Van Drivers Training – before driving an Ariel owned vehicle.
• QMAP – within 60 days of hire, may not provide medication to clients without this certification.
• Informed Supervision training
• Client specific training
All applicants are subject to the background investigations listed below.
1. Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)
2. Colorado Adult Protective Services (CAPS)
3. CBI Sex Offender Background Check
4. National Sex Offender Background Check
5. Reference check
6. Driver’s License Record
7. Office of Inspector General
8. I-9 documentation
9. Reliable Automobile with adequate, valid auto insurance
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers