compensation: Starting wage is $23.50 to $27.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Redlands Water and Power Company
Grand Junction, CO
Become part of the Redlands Water and Power Company (RW&PC) team and tradition that was originally founded in 1905. This long time company diverts water from the Gunnison River approximately 2.5 miles upstream from the Confluence of the Colorado River and supplies irrigation water to its Shareholders within the area of the Grand Valley known as the Redlands, servicing over 4,500 acres of land in the Redlands area of western Colorado. RW&PC is committed to our valued employees while delivering irrigation water and clean hydro-power electricity for a greener environment.
*Application instructions at end of page*
This position opportunity provides:
• Full-time position, 4 to 5-days a week, with some weekends and on-call obligations
• 40 hours per week, typical 7:00 am to 5:30 pm hours
• Starting wage is $23.50 to $27.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience
• All work performed in the Grand Junction area
• Medical Health insurance plan and HAS savings account after 2-months
• 401(k) Retirement with 5% company match after 1/yr. and 1,000/hrs.
• 6-Paid Holidays observed plus 1-day employee choice
• Paid Vacation after 12-months
Applications and resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Applications are available online at RW&PC’s website at www.redlandswaterandpower.com. Full Job Descriptions are available by request by either emailing to the company with “Maintenance Position” in the subject title, or at the RW&PC Office: 2216 S. Broadway, Grand Junction, CO 81507, and by calling (970) 243-2173 Mon.-Thur. 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
About this position:
• You would be working with a RW&PC staff that is currently comprised of three administration management personnel, two hydro-generation plant operators, and four to five ditch riders who serve as the backbone of this non-profit company. Each one dedicated, reliable, and responsible for maintaining the water delivery systems in a professional and courteous way for our neighbors and community.
• The Maintenance Person is responsible for a variety of semi-skilled and/or skilled tasks for repair of electrical; plumbing; heating; ventilation; air conditioning (HVAC); carpentry; painting; other building systems; as well as repairs on tools; small equipment; and motorized vehicles. It is a “hands on” position. This position will also lead and supervise other maintenance personnel; assists, backs-up, and performs other duties and those position responsibilities such as “Ditch Rider” and “Power Plant Operator” as needed for fill-in.
• This is a new position within RW&PC that will require many areas of skilled experience and knowledge form the right individual. It is expected for this individual to become familiar with the infrastructure within 12 months and understand the secondary positions in the same timeframe or less while getting trained on-the job by senior staff.
• This position Reports to Superintendent/Manager, Assistant Manager, and/or Senior Power Plant Operator. This position also supervises full-time employees, temporary and/or contingency staff on occasional basis.
Essential Job Functions: (partial list non-inclusive)
• Oversees, plans, and schedules work assigned for maintenance by themselves and/or other employees to produce efficient and desired outcomes.
• Assists with the planning, preparation, training, and orientation of maintenance work and other maintenance team members.
• Inspects and/or repairs equipment at frequent intervals to ensure that all aspects of the mechanical systems, equipment, and infrastructures are safe and functioning properly; maintains a variety of records electronically.
• Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, hand and power tools, motorized equipment, and general building.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills while becoming familiar with all RW&PC operations and facilities.
• Evaluates equipment, or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed and performs those duties.
• Works with management to plan work priorities, obtain necessary supplies, and assess skills needed to complete tasks.
• Assesses building systems, problems, and schedules in order to plan work assignments.
• High school diploma or equivalent with four or more years of progressive and practical. experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades previously described preferred.
• Minimum (5) years of relevant hands-on work and supervisory experience.
• Current valid Colorado Class R driver’s license, Commercial driver’s license (CDL) is preferred.
• Relevant professional trade certifications are desirable.
• The employee must be able to move about the work environment to diagnose building issues and plan repairs or maintenance. Must frequently move or re-position up to 50 pounds of materials or objects. Must be physically able to perform job duties when needed.
• A pre-employment assessment will be required.
Redlands Water and Power Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Instructions to Applicants: