compensation: Pay: $20.00 - $27.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Brettelberg Homeowner’s Association
The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Manager (when Manager is not present, to the Assistant Manager). The ideal candidate will be able to carry out both indoor and outdoor maintenance duties for the Brettelberg Condominium Association (BCA). Both preventive maintenance and light fixing of broken items may be required. The ideal candidate will be able to differentiate items which can be fixed and which items are most cost effective if replaced, and the ideal candidate will be able to know what items are best fixed by calling in a tradesman or specialist (which will be done via the leadership of the Manager/Assistant Manager).
All duties at the Brettelberg point to the three objectives of the organization. While the Maintenance Supervisor works primarily toward the maintenance of the properties and Rental Program, all Brettelberg staff work toward the three organizational objectives:
OBJECTIVE #1: PROVIDE LEADERSHIP TO IMPROVE THE IMAGE AND BRAND OF THE BRETTELBERG AS AN EXCELLENT LOCATION FOR MOUNTAIN LIVING AND ENTERTAINMENT.
OBJECTIVE #2: MAINTAIN AND INCREASE THE VALUE OF THE BRETTELBERG HOMEOWNER’S ASSOCIATION & PROPERTY.
OBJECTIVE #3: MAINTAIN AND INCREASE THE PROFITABILITY AND VALUE OF THE RENTAL PROGRAM & ENSURE EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE OPERATIONS.
The Manager acts as leader and general overseer for performing tasks, delegating tasks, and ensuring prompt and professional completion.
Duties of the Maintenance Supervisor as Directed by Management:
Continuously and consistently perform routine maintenance, emergency repairs, and cleaning of the interior and exterior of the building; walkways, stairs, decks, and hallways; hot tub; utility and storage areas; boiler room, recreation/meeting room; maintenance/tool room, etc.
Perform “handy-man” type tasks (those not requiring the expertise of a professional craftsman) throughout the building, such as replacing faucet washers, light bulbs/fixtures/fuses; fixing minor toilet problems, etc.; and perform routine grounds maintenance, including snow plowing the roadway and parking areas as needed.
Create and maintain a Maintenance Schedule and Calendar.
Maintain and update operational descriptions, procedures, and manufacturer’s manuals for all mechanical operations.
Ensure the security and good maintenance and operations of BCA-owned tools and equipment and maintain a current inventory tools and equipment. Operate all equipment (specifically the BCA Plow Truck) in professional manner and keep it operational, clean, and in good working order. Report damage in a timely manner and obtain estimate of repair as needed.
Preventive/routine maintenance shall include, but not be limited to: (not necessarily in priority order)
· Remove/plow snow and ice from roadways, parking areas, and all common areas: decks, walkways, and roof overhangs and consistently maintains these areas daily for the safety of owners and guests.
· Apply gravel as needed to "hairpin turn" on driveway.
· Keep gravel barrels on driveway full and cleared of snow so they may be accessed by owners and guests.
· Monitor and clean as needed the hot tub and hot tub area. Remove snow and keep area safe and supervised (cameras).
· Remove trash from outside trash cans and maintain dumpster area.
· Maintain, clean, arrange, and store when necessary all outdoor furniture.
· Patch and paint areas of concrete, plaster, or masonry surfaces.
· Paint exterior and interior masonry and wood trim surfaces of the common elements.
· Paint/touch up paint on walls, ceilings, and doors.
· Replace all seriously worn deck boards, railings, overhangs, etc.
· Visually check all roof and under deck areas for cracks, tears, etc., and repair as needed.
· Physically check all roof drains and re-routing or clearing those which are blocked.
· Before ski season, remove leaves, debris, and dirt from all roof and deck areas.
· Before ski season, cut back all bushes, etc., on the hillside by the Upper Parking Lot.
· Before ski season, fill and position "gravel barrels" near the roadway. Repair and maintain gravel barrels as needed.
· After ski season, remove and wash rubber matting on walkways, etc., and clean debris from under the rubber matting.
· Clean weed and overgrowth of landscaped areas adjacent to the Brettelberg. Clean and maintain any flower beds and/or landscaped areas.
· Replace, repair, or refurbish damaged or weather-worn signs, external electrical fixtures, leaking water faucets, etc.
· Monitor the boiler and hot water system operations (heating and domestic); repair leaks in piping, valves, etc.
· Assure electrical systems are maintained in a safe and working condition, to include the main power source, sub-assemblies, fixtures, and wiring in condo units, exterior lighting, etc. Monitor and adjust heat and water temperature to minimize costs. Adjust and maintain the timers that turn on exterior lights at nightfall and off at daybreak.
As needed, the Maintenance Supervisor may have to deal with guests and owners. In these instances, customer relationships are paramount in maintaining the success of the BCA and BCA Rental Program.
Activities – not related to the Maintenance Supervisor’s primary role – but which the Maintenance Supervisor may need to become familiar with as directed by Manager so that these duties can be covered when needed may include (not limited to):
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned as Brettelberg Maintenance Specialist. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
In all work, maintain the safety of all persons in and around the Brettelberg.
Work with the HOA Board representative and Manager when necessary to obtain and oversee the services of qualified craftsmen to perform major repair and/or maintenance work on the common elements of the BCA. Major repairs should be put out to bid except under justifiable circumstances. There shall be a minimum of three bids. Report activities to the BCA or BoD and suggest budget adjustments when necessary.
Know and communicate what repairs are unit owner responsibility and what repairs are BCA responsibility (Generally, repairs inside of units are owner’s responsibility).
As needed and as directed by Management, assist with contractors who may be working on the property.
Under the direction of the Manager/Assistant Manager:
Make emergency repairs within any units necessary to prevent damage to the common elements or another unit or units. When necessary, emergency repairs may be made to individual units primarily to maintain operations of the Rental Program (especially during ski season). This should be clearly communicated (in a timely manner) and billed to the unit owner. Other than repairs to maintain the Rental Program, communicate and coordinate with owners in their making repairs of their units. Generally, repairs inside of units are the owner’s responsibility.
As directed by Manager/Assistant Manager:
Make reservations. (Become familiar and proficient using the current reservation system.) Ensure all booking customers are familiar with the unique nature of the Brettelberg (i.e. we are located Slopeside at a ski area 11 miles from town, and thus provide a somewhat rustic accommodation with no nearby restaurants, or nightlife, etc.).
Follow up with reservations according to Reservation Policies and Procedures (see Reservations Notebook [now in Google Docs]).
Greet guests and assist them with their needs.
Answer phones according to script that has been provided to you by Management.
Track check-ins and check-outs to plan and ready the Brettelberg for daily operations.
Ensure timely and accurate deposits of Rental Program monies are made regularly.
Work with housekeeping service to ensure all rental units are cleaned upon checkout and readied for next guests. Perform final inspection after housekeeping service’s work to ensure units are clean and ready.
Perform check in inspection for all units on day of check in to make sure everything is in place and unit appears welcoming. Check the Welcome Notebook to see if the cover is clean and the contents are current.
Driving record and background check will be required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $27.00 per hour
We are following government COVID vaccination, mask, cleaning and social distancing guidelines.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers