compensation: Excellent compensation, based on experience and capabilities. Please send your resume, cover letter, references and salary history. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing gastroenterology practice is looking for a top-notch, experienced Histology Technician for a full-time weekday position at our new gastroenterology/pathology laboratory located in Grand Junction, CO.
• Associate's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
• Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
• Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and a minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Histology Technician, competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, and special stains.
• Must meet CLIA requirements for high complexity testing.
• Must show attention to detail, work independently as well as with team members, and possess strong capability to troubleshoot.
• Self-motivated, honest, dependable
• Quick learner with clinical skills.
• Pleasant and clear communication skills with patients and your coworkers.
• Team player who's willing to go that second mile to help the office run its best
• Perform routine activities in histologic preparations
• Prepare reagents, solutions and control slides
• Embedding, microtomy, tissue grossing, tissue processing
• Special stain procedures by bench method
• IHC staining
• Routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment
• Documents all Quality Control activities
• Other assigned duties
Working knowledge of HIPAA laws is expected. Excellent compensation and great benefits. Please send your resume, cover letter, references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 512-579-0800. Background check and reference inquiries are required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers