compensation: Salary Range $41,000-50,000 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
It takes characters to brew beer with character, and we at Ska Brewing have been doing that since 1995. Our award-winning craft brewing roots are firmly planted in Durango, Colorado, where our community-minded organization does all we can to give back.
About the Job:
We are a seeking talented, enthusiastic, positive energy person to join our culinary team. The Container at Ska focuses on fresh, locally sourced, delicious food; made from scratch with lots of love. A passion for food and providing a great time to folks visiting the brewery is a must. This is an exempt salaried position.
• Manages operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding food safety standards, cleanliness, and product quality
• Works with General Manager on development of and execution of static menu items, creating standardized recipes. Menu development/R&D/Costings
• Responsible for optimizing profits by controlling food costs and BOH labor cost, taking corrective action when needed; ensuring they conform to the annual budget on a monthly basis
• Identifies operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities.
• Maintains an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that areas of responsibility are staffed properly for all shifts.
• Staffs, trains and develops BOH team members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
• Works with General Manager to develop and implement and maintain all control systems to include: order guides, ordering, recipes, station check sheets, job descriptions, standard daily operating procedures, budget, inventory spreadsheets, inventory, bid sheets, training manual, scheduling
• Holds BOH team accountable to following recipes creating a constant product by leading the team during peak service periods.
• As needed: coordinate written/verbal disciplinary actions/termination with human resources department
• Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving and storing food products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize food waste and optimize food cost.
• Fosters open communication with kitchen and FOH staff.
• In the absence of the General Manager and as acting Manager on Duty, oversees the entire Container and Tasting Room operation.
• Foster farmer/chef partnerships within local community
• Develop and cost catering menu, ska-b-que specials
• Coordinate with GM and marketing team on upcoming functions, catering events, happy hour promotions
• Conduct daily menu meetings with BOH/FOH staff
• Conduct PM on refrigeration/walk-ins, oversee deep clean schedule including grease trap
• Able to work 40–50-hour work weeks. As well as different times of day (morning/mid/night shifts).
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of 5 years previous executive chef/kitchen manager position in mid to high volume establishment
• Proven menu development and execution
• Positive professional attitude
• Team player/collaborator
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Current Servsafe Food Protection Manager Certification or willingness to obtain within first 30 days of hire
• Culinary degree preferred but not mandatory
• Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available to Full Time employees (a portion of premiums is paid by Ska Brewing Company)
• Paid Time Off for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
• 401(k) with company match
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Discounted Ski Passes to Purgatory Resort