Teds Rentals General Manager Position
QR Code Link to This Post
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years business management experience in sales and/or operational management. Must be a leader with the ability to work in a team environment, train, and willingness to learn.
• An understanding of inventory principles, budget preparation, and retail sales
• Strong sales and customer service experience required
• Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills
• Proficient computer skills and experience using social media marketing
• Knowledge and experience in the equipment rental industry preferred
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
Locally family owned and operated in business for 50 years that offers rental equipment and tools to professional contractors, businesses and homeowners. Teds Rentals has been in business in Durango since 1971 offering rentals, full-service small engine shop, and retail sales. We care about our team members just as we care about our customers.
Teds Rentals is looking to hire a General Store Manager who is hardworking, positive and outgoing. The General Managers first priority is seeing to the needs of our team to ensure that they are prepared for success. This position is responsible for mentoring the team, overseeing operations, customer service and retail sales experience. You'll have the opportunity to hire and motivate an amazing team in various roles, from sales and service to maintenance and drivers.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensuring rental equipment and service processes are efficiently executed
• Retail Sales and development of sales professionals
• Maintain small equipment and triage of rental equipment
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience with preventative maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic, electric, and diesel equipment/tools is preferred.
• Skills- Problem solver, detail-oriented, outstanding customer service skills, excellent communication skills, actively looks for ways to help employees/customers
• Prior equipment rental experience is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary dependent on professional experience and education