favorite this post$2495/ 3br - 2600ft2 - Modern Mountain Home - 3 BR / 2.5 BA - Furnished - Available 8/14 (Durango)hide this posting
3BR / 2.5Ba2600ft2available aug 14
cats are OK - purrr dogs are OK - wooof furnished house w/d in unit no smoking detached garage wheelchair accessible
QR Code Link to This Post
We're renting our 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath furnished house in Durango Hills from:
- 8/14/18 to 6/9/19 (approximately 10 months)
- 8/14/19 to 6/9/20 (approximately 10 months)
We are in the house for 10 weeks every summer, so this works well for someone who needs a 10-month lease or travels during the summer. We don't charge for rent or utilities during the 8 weeks of summer that we're in the house.
Length of lease is flexible and rent can be negotiable if you are a good fit. Small rent discount available for a tenant willing to sign a 2-year lease.
If you have any questions after reading the details below, or if you would like to see the house, please contact us via email, call, or text.
If you are interested in filling out an application after seeing the house, I will forward you the online application.
Please DO NOT disturb current occupants.
- Nearly 2600 sq. ft. of living space plus 2-car detached garage.
- This home is unique architecturally, with a modern design that fits into its natural surroundings and a 3-level floorplan that is very open but provides privacy to all family members.
- Lower level includes: Reading room/movie room (with dvd player, video projector, and projection screen), amazing views to the surrounding hills and forest, sliding glass doors leading to a covered patio, separate master bedroom with large walk-in closet, bathroom with shower, and laundry room.
Stairs lead up to the...
- Main level: This level includes the front door to the house, 3 other doors leading to 3 separate decks, an open kitchen / dining / living room area, a 2-story solarium with views; coat closet, half-bath; and a large 2nd bedroom with floor-to-ceiling closets and attached full bath.
Stairs lead up to the...
- Upper level: Home to a cozy, yet good-sized 3rd bedroom (perfect for a kids' room or home office).
- Fully furnished, including outdoor patio furniture and hammock
- 3 decks (totaling 753 sq. ft.) with views in all directions
- Kid's tree house with zipline
- Basketball hoop and paved play/parking area
- Outdoor water feature
- Outdoor fire pit
- Direct gas connection to a 1,000 gallon propane tank for your gas BBQ (so you never run out of propane)
- Direct electrical connection on the covered patio for your hot tub (if you have your own or want to rent one while here)
- 4 pairs of adult snowshoes, 1 pair kid's snowshoes, and kid's sleds
- Stays cool in the summer with large windows in every room allowing for gentle mountain breezes to circulate through the house
- Stays warm in the winter with multiple sources of heat (3 propane-burning stoves, 1 wood-burning stove, and electric wall heaters and electric towel warmer in the bathrooms)
- Friendly neighbors are close-by in case of emergency, but other houses are screened from house (so you have the privacy of out-of-town living without feeling isolated)
- 3 acres of beautiful forested property with view of peaceful Aspen meadow
- Adjacent to US Forest trails (hiking, biking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing right out your door)
- 15 minute drive to east end of Durango (Bread, gas, etc), 20 minute drive to downtown Durango, 30 minute drive to Durango airport, 45 minute drive to regional destinations such as Lake Vallecito or Purgatory
- The last 3 miles to/from the house is on a mountain gravel road. All-wheel drive or four-wheel drive is ESSENTIAL in the winter months, and snow tires are HIGHLY recommended.
- Sewer and water are provided at no charge
- All other utilities paid by tenant (average approx. $100 - $200/month depending on the season and number of occupants)
- Refundable security deposit equivalent to 1 month's rent
- Pets negotiable with a $500 non-refundable deposit for each pet (due at time of lease signing)
- We will require 3 references (2 rental, 1 employment), a credit check, and a background check.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers