MES has an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned cost accounting professional to establish themselves with a growing company offering the potential for future personal career growth and leadership opportunities within the company.
• Communicate routinely with General Manager, Controller, Office Manager, and Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics including bonding, insurance, cost accruals and control, spending patterns, budget analysis, and contract agreements.
• Prepare special and periodic financial reports.
• Monitor phased project costs and variance to budget/bid.
• Handle contract project and shop cost accounting
• Provide defensible cost breakouts for project scope changes, delays and cost-plus-fee pricing proposals.
• Assist project staff and Management in preparing periodic project payment applications.
STRATEGIC INITIATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Determine the need for and help create new accounting/operations and administrative procedures or systems to enable MES to manage its rapidly growing workload.
Implement cost accounting to meet federal standards as per FARs and DCAA.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA or PMP certification would be a plus.
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience in a strong job costing environment. Previous industry experience in Heavy Civil or Mining Contracting, Construction Management, Consulting Engineering or major Specialty Subcontractor environment is strongly preferred.
• Understanding the accounting implications of terms and conditions in typical contracts and agreements, and for multiple types of construction contract project pricing models.
• Experience in handling external client agency project-specific and company-wide overhead/indirect cost audits.
General Responsibilities include:
Maintain accurate daily records of work performed and client/vendor/subcontractor communications. Maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record. Ability to punctually work scheduled hours with regular attendance. Accept supervision and direction from management and comply with company policies. Be able to get along with others in workplace. Looks out for company’s best interest when making decisions. Approaches work with sense of urgency and positive energy.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Work environment is casual. We offer competitive salary, PTO and company subsidized health insurance. Main office location is located in Colorado.
Founded in 1995, MES is a design/build underground mine and tunnel construction and engineering services company with a rapidly growing workload. We are looking for a self-driven and talented construction accountant who has aspirations for advancement.
US Citizenship is required for this position. Certain project assignments may also require the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance.
Our highly specialized contracting services are offered across the US, with a preponderance of the work usually in the Western US, including Alaska. Frequent travel to work onsite in the field with project staff onsite at various locations for periods of up to several weeks at a time may be required. MES projects are typically located in areas 2 or more hours away from urban areas.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers